We all know that the majority of employees find pensions a complex and rather dull subject. This is a challenge as we know only too well the increasing importance for scheme members to both understand and take responsibility for their retirement planning.
A key area is how advisers communicate with employees. An area of communication that is often overlooked when managing group pension schemes is email marketing. What email marketing provides advisers with is the ability to connect with employees on a regular low cost basis complimenting any existing worksite activity.
Email marketing can be used in a number of ways to reduce servicing costs and increase revenue opportunities, whilst also increasing the value added to the employer and employees.
The bullets below provide some ideas on how this technology can be used.
- It helps develop and maintain an awareness of the importance of pension planning.
- The advisor can encourage contact with regard to wider aspects of financial planning.
- It can complement employer communications in the form of a 'benefits' newsletter.
- It enables contact to be maintained with an employee when they leave service.
- Staff surveys can easily be provided as an added value benefit for the employer.
- Video blogs can be used to build relationships and further deliver the message.
- The messages of brand and affinity are reinforced on a regular basis.
- Important 'ad hoc' messages can be communicated quickly and easily.
- Communications can be generic across multiple client pension schemes or delivered on a scheme by scheme basis.
There are many more uses for email marketing software tools than simply adviser newsletters. If you have the email distribution software think about how these tools can be used to further complement what you do across all areas of your business, particularly corporate pensions.
............... and if you don't have the email marketing software....... talk to us on 0845 3037788.